Biomass Servicing Standard
MCS 040 Biomass Servicing Standard
Under the new MCS040 standard, to continue to receive RHI payments, your boiler must be serviced by an service provider that is MCS 040 accredited.
MCS work with the industry to maintain and improve the quality of installers and service providers so people can have confidence in the low carbon technology they invest in.
All biomass boiler services carried out by NerG comply with MCS 040 standards, these recognise competent maintenance companies that can carry out the services necessary as specified by biomass boiler manufacturers. You can be assured that your boiler is in safe hands with us.
We can provide routine and reactive maintenance for biomass boilers, their feed systems and we can sweep chimneys up to 80m tall. We primarily service commercial biomass boilers but can also service larger domestic biomass boilers too.
Our engineers are trained and experienced in servicing most makes and models of boilers. Contact us for more details.
If your boiler manufacturer is not listed above contact us on 01522 712 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org we may still be able to service your boiler.
Why Service Biomass Boilers?
It makes financial sense as an owner of a biomass boiler to have it serviced regularly. A biomass boiler that isn’t cleaned and maintained regularly will not run as efficiently. Therefore, the money you spend on wood fuel will be wasted, as it is not turned into heat which you can use.
In addition, the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) only pays for the heat that is output from the boiler as hot water, there is no payment for the heat lost up the flue or for inefficient burning of the wood fuel.
NerG’s approach to servicing is very simple. If you’ve got a problem, we’ll fix it and if you want a routine service, we will happily book you in and carry it out. Our pricing is also simple, we charge for the time it takes us to do the service.
If you have your servicing carried out by us and buy any replacement parts through us, we are quite happy providing telephone support and advice free of charge.
We think that seems a fair swap?
Contract Vs No Contract
We have chosen not to go down the route of trying to tie everyone into maintenance contracts, preferring to work on the premise that if you think we’ve done a great job you’ll use us again.
That said, many of our customers such as housing associations, poultry producers, glasshouse nurseries and large factories prefer us to be contracted.
Obviously we are happy with this too.
Benefits of Servicing your Biomass Boiler
- Increase reliability – Servicing your biomass boiler regularly will help to make sure your boiler and parts are well maintained and our trained engineers can diagnose problems before they occur
- RHI – NerG biomass boiler servicing meets all of OFGEM’s RHI service eligibility requirements to successfully claim RHI
- Energy Efficiency – By making sure your biomass boiler is running as it should this will optimise your boilers output and efficiency
- Increase biomass boiler lifespan – Looking afetr your boiler with regular servicing will ensure that your boiler reaches it’s maximum lifespan
- Safety – Our NerG biomass service engineers check each boiler on all safety elements during service and maintenance
- Biomass boiler technical phone support – Our engineers are fully trained to provide expert help and advice over the phone to try to resolve biomass boiler issues without a site visit.
Our Servicing & Maintenance Includes
Programming & Electrics
Heat Exchanger Cleaning
Repairs & Extensions
Nerg have been providing innovative Heat & power solutions since 2009. Our ethos is simple. To analyse and specify equipment as if we were installing it for ourselves.
This commitment to installing the right equipment for customers has earned us a trusted reputation, meaning we stand by our installations and want an ongoing relationship with our clients. Our clients include the National trust, Dyson, Edinburgh College & Kings Lynn Council.